Bat Removal Pros Of Kingston, NY
UPSTATE WILDLIFE CONTROL
Call Us: (518) 282-0363
Emergency Bat Removal 24/7
Kingston New York Bat Removal Specialists
Bat removal is a specialized service we offer to homeowners and commercial clientele living in the surrounding regions and counties of Kingston, NY. Bats are often found in attics or chimneys and can be notoriously difficult to get rid of, even for wildlife control companies. Here at Upstate Wildlife Control we have the knowledge and experience to get the job done right. We are a licensed & insured bat removal company, and we take pride in our customer service.
Technically we are not “bat exterminators” but rather “bat removers” because we do not “exterminate” or Kill the bats. That is not a viable solution. Many people will search this term while looking for a bat removal company online, but people must understand that bat extermination is not legal, and for good reasons.
The only exception for killing or “euthanizing” a bat is when one has been found inside living quarters and may have possibly come into contact with a person or household pet. In this scenario a bat (singular) may be captured and legally euthanized for the purpose of having it tested for diseases, E.G. Rabies… Otherwise, humane methods of bat removal are mandatory in the state of New York as well as the rest of the country. Read more about this aspect of our business toward the bottom of this page under “The Bat Removal Process – Certified Live Exclusion Practice.”
Pricing For Bat Removal Services Around Kingston, NY
The cost of bat removal depends mostly on the size & construction of a home, along with factoring hazardous working conditions. If bats are in the attic, which is commonly the case with bats, an average 2-3 story home may be priced in the ballpark of $1200-$3500, and occasionally it can even be more.
The older the home, the more expensive bat removal will be, thanks to the large number of gaps that are often present on structures 20 or more years old. That said, we also encounter many newer homes that have similar conditions due to poorly constructed rooflines. The cost can also be affected by various other things, such as the number of bats. To get an exact cost, contact our team here at Upstate Wildlife for a bat inspection.
Furthermore, if bats are not found dwelling within the home but rather outside of it, such as scenarios with bats roosting outside of a gable vent, which is not uncommon, the price for removal will be dramatically affected and you’ll be looking at a mere hundreds of dollars for removal as opposed to thousands of dollars for a full bat exclusion.
Common Signs Of Bat Infestation
The most frequent tell-tale sign of a bat problem is having bats showing up inside the home. These bats are often first-year juveniles that get confused about how to get out of the home, as opposed to the adult bats who are more accustomed to living inside of the man-made structure. Sick bats are also prone to invading living quarters.
Additional symptoms of bat infestation include scratching or vocal “screeching” noises that can be heard at dusk and throughout the night when bats are active in their nightly feeding routines. Scratching sounds will often be heard coming from interior walls and drywall ceiling. The home may also develop an unpleasant stench over periods of time, which is caused by bat guano & urine contaminates that can accumulate in the attic or interior wall voids.
Bat Removal Process – Certified Live Exclusion Practices
Note: Never hire a company that claims to kill bats as a solution to bat infestation. All bats are a federally protected species in the U.S. and will incur serious fines/penalties for anyone who handles them incorrectly. A company caught exterminating bats with poison or other euthanasia methods will result in a revoked license.
We want to warn all consumers that the most common types of practices that are penalized for these reasons are pest control or “bug” companies. It’s recommended by many sources that consumers should hire a company that specializes in wildlife when experiencing a bat problem. We’ll note further that handyman, home maintenance, & chimney companies are also not the best choices when it comes to handling a bat infestation.
Upstate Wildlife Control follows all humane bat eviction guidelines put in place by NWCOA, NY Division Of Fish & Wildlife, and Federal Wildlife authorities. The approved method for bat removal and control in New York is a process known as “live bat exclusion”, which is a process completed in 3 stages, as we summarize below:
- Provide A Full 5-Point Wildlife Inspection To Gauge Degree Of Infestation In The Structure & To Assess Damages Or Levels Of Contamination In The Attic. If Bat Guano Has Accumulated, We Can Offer Cleanup As Well.
- Seal The Home By Caulking Off And/Or Wiring Off Any Exposed Gaps 3/8th-in Or Larger – Except For Entry Point Gaps Being Used By The Bats. It’s Essential The Sealing Process Is Done Meticulously To Not Overlook Any Gaps.
- Hang One-Way Excluders Or “Bat Cones” Over The Primary Entry Points. If Done Properly, This Allows All Of The Bats In The Home To Exit Through The Device And Be Successfully Excluded From The Home Alive.
WE ARE THE BEST
PEST WILDLIFE SERVICE IN Kingston, New York
“Jake and staff are awesome. Have a little bat issue that he came out to start the eviction process (NY rules) and while there I asked if while up there in the roof if by chance if they could maybe clean out my gutters since I can’t get up there. They did such a great job. We are so truly appreciative of all the hard work. Thank you thank you. Such professional family orientated hardworking men. Highly recommended!!!”
Top 5 Bat Problems In New York
- Bats In The Attic – When bats invade an attic space they are likely to build up large amounts of guano deposits scattered throughout the attic. Upstate Wildlife Control can provide attic cleanup when bats make a mess.
- Bats In The Chimney- Bats are very common to invade the chimney area. Many people will get bats flying around in the house when bats are present inside their chimney. This is generally due to an open flu in the chimney.
- Bats In Vents- Vents can be highly attractive to bats because of the drafts protruding from the vents. People will often notice bats in vents when waste begins to accumulate somewhere below the vent area.
- Bats In The House- The hot summer seasons can drive bats to come down from an attic into living areas. Bats do this because the attic becomes too hot for them, so they go lower seeking cooler temps.
- Bats In Church- One of the more common structures for bats to invade are churches. Many times churches have open steeples, welcoming many different creatures including bats. Upstate Wildlife Control can help.