Bat Removal Pros Of Hudson Valley, NY
UPSTATE WILDLIFE CONTROL
Call Us: (518) 282-0363
Emergency Bat Removal 24/7
Hudson Valley Bat Removal Are The New York Bat Removal Specialists
Hudson Valley Bat Removal by Upstate Wildlife Control is a specialized service offered to homeowners and commercial clientele in the regions and counties of Hudson Valley, NY. We also do bat removal and wildlife control service in other areas like Sarasota Springs.
Found in attics or chimneys, bats can be notoriously difficult to get rid of, even for wildlife control companies. Knowledge and experience defines Upstate Wildlife Control, i.e. the company getting the job done right the first time. We are a licensed & insured bat removal company, and we take pride in our customer service.
Technically we are not “bat exterminators” but rather “bat removers.” We do not “exterminate” or kill bats. Many people will search “kill bats” while looking for a bat removal company online. But, people must understand that bat extermination is not legal, and for good reasons.
You can kill a bat found inside your living quarters. But, it must come into contact with a person or household pet. In this scenario, one can capture and legally euthanize a bat. The purpose: testing the bat for diseases, e.g. rabies. Otherwise, humane methods of bat removal are mandatory in the state of New York as well as the rest of the country. Read more about this aspect of Hudson Valley Bat Removal business toward the bottom of this page. The heading is The Bat Removal Process – Certified Live Exclusion Practice.
Pricing For Hudson Valley Bat Removal Around Hudson Valley, NY
The cost of bat removal depends mostly on the size & construction of a home, along with factoring hazardous working conditions. If bats are in the attic, which is commonly the case with bats, an average 2-3 story home costs in the ballpark of $1200-$3500, and occasionally it can even be more.
The older the home, the more expensive bat removal will be, thanks to the large number of gaps that are often present on structures 20 or more years old. That said, Hudson Valley Bat Removal encounters many newer homes that have similar conditions due to poorly constructed rooflines. A number of variables determine the cost, such as the number of bats. For an exact cost on a bat inspection contact our team here at Hudson Valley Bat Removal by Upstate Wildlife Control.
Furthermore, if bats are not found dwelling within the home but rather outside of it, such as scenarios with bats roosting outside of a gable vent, which is not uncommon, the price for removal will be dramatically affected and you’ll be looking at a mere hundreds of dollars for removal as opposed to thousands of dollars for a full bat exclusion.
Common Signs Of Bat Infestation
The most frequent tell-tale sign of a bat problem is having bats showing up inside the home. First-year juveniles get confused about getting out of the home, as opposed to adult bats accustomed to living inside of the man-made structure. Sick bats tend to invade living quarters.
Additional symptoms of bat infestation include scratching or vocal “screeching” noises that can be heard at dusk and throughout the night when bats are active in their nightly feeding routines. Scratching sounds inside interior walls and drywall ceiling alert homowners. The home may also develop an unpleasant stench over periods of time, which is caused by bat guano & urine contaminates that can accumulate in the attic or interior wall voids.
Note: Never hire a company that claims to kill bats as a solution to bat infestation. Companies must handle bats, A Federally protected species, with care. Any abuser incurs serious fines and penalties. A company caught exterminating bats with poison or other euthanasia methods will result in a revoked license.
As a warning consumers, the most common types of practices penalized for these reasons are pest control or “bug” companies. Recommended by many sources, consumers should hire a company that specializes in wildlife when experiencing a bat problem. We’ll note further that handyman, home maintenance, & chimney companies are also not the best choices when it comes to handling a bat infestation.
Hudson Valley Bat Removal by Upstate Wildlife Control follows all humane bat eviction guidelines put in place by NWCOA, NY Division Of Fish & Wildlife, and Federal Wildlife authorities. “Live Bat Exclusion”, the approved method for bat removal and control in New York, takes 3 stages summarized below:
- Provide A Full 5-Point Wildlife Inspection To Gauge Degree Of Infestation In The Structure & To Assess Damages Or Levels Of Contamination In The Attic. If Bat Guano Has Accumulated, We Can Offer Cleanup As Well.
- Seal The Home By Caulking Off And/Or Wiring Off Any Exposed Gaps 3/8th Inch Or Larger – Except For One Entry Point Gap For Bats . The Sealing Process Takes Time and We Cover ALL Gaps
- Hang One-Way Excluders Or “Bat Cones” Over The Primary Entry Points. If Done Properly, Bats Exit Through The Device Alive But Cannot Get Back In.
WE ARE THE BEST
PEST WILDLIFE SERVICE IN Hudson Valley, New York
“Jake and staff are awesome. Have a little bat issue that he came out to start the eviction process (NY rules) and while there I asked if while up there in the roof if by chance if they could maybe clean out my gutters since I can’t get up there. They did such a great job. We are so truly appreciative of all the hard work. Thank you thank you. Such professional family orientated hardworking men. Highly recommended!!!”
Top 5 Bat Problems In New York
- I Have Bats In The Attic – When bats invade an attic space they are likely to build up large amounts of guano deposits scattered throughout the attic. Upstate Wildlife Control can provide attic cleanup when bats make a mess.
- Bats In The Chimney- Bats are very common to invade the chimney area. Many people will get bats flying around in the house when bats are present inside their chimney. This is generally due to an open flu in the chimney.
- I See Bats In Vents- Vents can be highly attractive to bats because of the drafts protruding from the vents. People will often notice bats in vents when waste begins to accumulate somewhere below the vent area.
- Bats In The House- The hot summer seasons can drive bats to come down from an attic into living areas. Bats do this because the attic becomes too hot for them, so they go lower seeking cooler temps.
- Flying Bats In Church- One of the more common structures for bats to invade are churches. Many times churches have open steeples, welcoming many different creatures including bats. Upstate Wildlife Control can help.